Friday, December 16, 2011

perfection, part 2


Dear Lucinda:

I knew the moment I opened the package that I would be writing a very positive assessment of the swap.

It was first evident from the meticulous way in which you included my address on a separate slip of paper.  No one else does that, but I know the postal service mandates that detail, and PBS recommends it.

I also appreciated your simple but effective wrapping style.  I am somewhat disabled from a stroke, so opening tightly-bound packages is difficult.  Too many senders are so concerned about Oregon's legendary moistness that they over-wrap the books in multiple layers of plastic and tape.  I understand where they are coming from, but I get frustrated and angry at myself when I gouge the edge of the pages getting the book free.

I have inspected my new book and note that it is in excellent condition.

Since my family does shelve our Bathroom readers in the John, I consider water splashes to be inevitable.  This particular volume has been lightly baptized. The pages are all clean ~~ previous readers must have been meticulous about washing their hands before reading.

Well, enough gushing about this perfect swap.  Woman does not live by books alone, and I need some bread!

I plan to forward this blog article to the PBS librarian for possible inclusion as a success story, if that is all right with you.

Thanks again, and happy reading!

Joi A. Cardinal
joi8steve@gmail.com
{deadheadz}

No comments:

Post a Comment